👋 Hello fellow clojurians!
It has been around 40 days since I started the work on Clojurians log v2 for this funding cycle and it’s now time for an alpha release.
Without waiting further, the v2 is now live at: https://clojurians-log-v2.oxal.org/ 🦄 😊
Source code: github.com/oxalorg/clojurians-log-v2
PS: it’s not 100% usable on mobile yet, please use a desktop for the time being!
Features added in this release are:
- Search across the entire slack logs
- try it here: https://clojurians-log-v2.oxal.org/search?q=hello+clojurians
- lots of work is still pending to get this into an actual usable state, but hey it works! 💃
- searches over 2 million messages in ~50-500ms!
- ansible scripts to setup the server
- setup user, fail2ban, firewall, postgres, docker, java, clojure, git, caddy, SSL, etc.
- 🐿 Web app deployed live on a domain 🌏 on a Hetzner VPS (2cpu, 4gb ram)
- setup docker deployment and recreating process
- setup the production postgres db
- idempotent import data for channels, members, and messages
- it works (atleast for the current schema, most likely to change soon)
- fixed mysterious null character issues in slack dumps, postgres really doesn’t like to eat
\u0000chars for breakfast
- only partial data is imported (~2 million messages) as I only have slack dumps till June 2021
- expect things to break because I’m still messing around with indexes, rankings, and migrations to optimise search and other queries 🤪
- imports for reactions, threads, etc are still pending
mrkdwnmessage rendering with emojis
- more advanced configuration, dynamic based on
- proper support for secrets via a
- lots of small bug fixes, UI/UX changes, optimized db queries, refactoring, etc.
I wanted to ship the minimal possible version first and then iterate over it. And I’m quite happy with this. Looking forward to adding lots more features and polish over the next few months, especially related to text searching!
Please feel free to hop over in #clojureverse-ops channel in clojurians slack to discuss anything related to this project! Thanks.