It’s been a while (maybe never) since I wrote about my workflow setup to share with friends, and also to track how my setup will evolve across the year.
- Dell XPS 13 - Codename: Nano
- This is used for business stuff and when portability is needed
- i5, 8gb, 256GB ssd
- PC - Codename: Acid
- i5, 8gb, 256GB ssd, GTX-760
- This is my primary machine for Gaming + Development
- Logitech MK120 mouse + keyboard combo
- Some redgear 7.1 gaming headset
- Dual 21” Monitor setup
- Mac Mini 2019 - Codename: MacNCheese / mini
- I use this primarily for iOS development
- i3 + 8GB + 128GB ssd
My development workflow is mostly terminal based.
Lets explore it from the outermost layer to the innermost:
- Windows 10 (Insider Slow Ring, Fast Ring if I need some new feature)
- Windows Terminal
- WSL 2
- Ubuntu 18.04
- NeoVim with coc.nvim
- Firefox for personal stuff
- Chrome for work stuff
- Dropbox for File Sync
- Illustrator & Photoshop to do a bit of design from time to time.
- Riot (Matrix Client), Slack, & Discord for chat stuff.
- Thunderbird for mail (and trying out neomutt on a few accounts)
- OpenVPN Community client for Windows
- Listary for easier directory browsing
- KeePassX for managing passwords
- Steam for games
That’s the high level view of my setup.
I’ll be updating this post with more detials over the course of this year. So keep checking ^_^