Hello fellow clojurians!
The beta release of Clojurians log v2 is live at: https://clojurians-log-v2.oxal.org/ 🦄 😊
Source code: github.com/oxalorg/clojurians-log-v2
The initial goal we had with clojurians=log-v2 was mostly around improved full text searching. But as we all know the clojurians slack was sponsored for a paid version for the next 1 year (thanks to all who got this done!) which means our direction has to change a little.
Although full text search will be available and working on the v2, we would like to focus more on other parts of the app now and find ways to make the logs more usefull because paid slack already does search very well.
With that said the beta release now had the following work put into it:
- The importing of data for threaded messages / replies / reactions has been added. This was huge as this was the last key pending in the idempotent imports 🎉.
- UI now shows all thread messages directly under the parent. This is effecient enough to not cause any slowdowns.
- The UI is now fully mobile responsive 📱. That means easy reading of logs from your bed, and also better SEO points by Google!
- That brings us to SEO. Not only are we fully compatible with the existing clojurians-log, but we have also added lots of open-graph tags, html structure and other small changes for optimal SEO brownie points. The improved seo tags should also now help “Clojure” to rank higher in the TIOBE index.
- Lots of behind the scene work to improve deployment strategy. Although not fully automated, I have some local scripts which gets me to deploy new versions quite easily. A future task would be to convert it into GH actions.
- Added support for db migrations using migratus.
- Analytics for the website are now PUBLIC. You can view them at https://clojurians-log-v2.goatcounter.com/
I would like to extend immense gratitude to the clojurists-together team and the clojure community for helping us get here.
So what’s next? We do have a near-future roadmap of things which should land in very soon:
- Right now all the data imports are manual. Implementing of real-time socket API and making it compatible / interchangable with the idempotent incremental imports (w/ option to backfill data) is posing a bit of a hassle which needs some more work
- Although we’ve got the reactions into the database, rendering of reactions as emojis on the UI is pending
- Contacting a clojurians slack admin to get the data up-to-date
After that, there are tons more ideas listed on the repo which should keep us busy throughout the next year! Super humbled and excited to continue working on this 🙏😊
Cheers and Happy New Years everyone 🌟🎄